General Search Tips
- Default search content: is the body, title, and meta-description.
- Stop-terms are common terms like "it and the that...".
- Special characters like #!$%|&..etc. are allowed.
- ISO Latin-1 characters like äßçéñ..etc. are treated as english equivalents.
- Phrases: use double-quotes around search term. ("search")
- Add + in front of terms/phrases that must appear in results.
- Add - in front of terms/phrases that must not appear in results.
- The "All terms" checkbox adds a plus in front of all terms/phrases for convenience.
Advanced Search Tips
- Searching can be expanded with a wildcard (*).
Adding a * to the end of a term will match all endings. For example: 'test*' will match 'tests' 'tested' 'testing' etc.
Stop-terms are included in wildcard searches.
- The following options can be placed in any order in front of the query:
c: for a case sensitive search.
w: to match whole words only.
st: to include stop-terms.
all: to add + in front of all terms/phrases.
match: date: size: title: or name: for the sorting choice.
5-100: for the number of results to display per page.
b: to search the body (full text) of documents.
t: to search the title of documents.
u: to search the url of documents.
alt: to search the alternate text in documents.
l: to search the links in documents.
d: to search the meta-description in documents.
k" to search the meta-keywords in documents.
au: to search the meta-author in documents.
The query above will perform a case sensitive search for 'term' and 'a phrase' in the body, title, and
meta-description of documents. 15 results will be displayed per page and the results will be sorted by file size.