We are seeking a contractor able to assist with the data archival and documentation for the forthcoming IPCC WGI report. This work will form an important contribution to the FAIR data initiative for the report, led by the WGI Technical Support Unit (TSU), which adopts best practice in data archival as established by the international FAIR framework (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable).
Tenders should be submitted by 25 April 2021.
- All documents are in English.
- Providers will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement and must respect the confidentiality of the drafts until released publicly in August 2021.
- The work is scheduled to start early May 2021 and to be finalized by the end of September 2021.
- The workload is estimated at 700 hours approx.
- Expertise in the archival of scientific data including FAIR data principles.
- Experience working with physical climate science data, both observational and from climate model ensembles such as CMIP or CORDEX.
- Experience with a range of scientific data formats, including NetCDF and CSV.
- Ability to code.